Sunday 23 February 2014

Message In A Bottle DIY | My Valentine's Gift To Him

This year I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a Valentine's gift (where my broke college students at?) so I did a little DIY. I'd come across this idea a while ago and sort of kept it in the back of my mind. When I went to Michael's craft store for ideas for a Valentine's DIY I came across this cute little bottle with a cork and knew immediately what I was going to do.







































I think it turned out really cute, it would have been cuter if I hadn't written so damn much (I'm a sucker for hand written notes and sort of got carried away) and had tried to fit the note in the bottle better, but I still think the hanging cork adds a nice touch. If I had thought more about how easy it would be to get the note out when buying the bottle, I probably would have opted for a different glass bottle from the selection Michael's had. Overall I think this was a cute DIY, could have been better executed, but now I'll know for next time I try something like this.

The message inside is a little love note, 10 Things I Love About You, handwritten by moi (my messy kindergarten looking writing). Other things I would have put in there would be poems, song lyrics, pictures of the two of you, anything sentimental or meaningful. I think this would be a great idea for long distance couples, instead of just an email or text, mail them a message in a bottle (there's the hopeless romantic in me coming out) I know that's something I'd love to randomly receive.

I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Days!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment