Wednesday 1 January 2014

All-Time Favorite Mascara

Ever since I started wearing makeup I've had a hard time with finding the right mascara. At first I didn't think it was that important, I was buying $3 mascaras that just did nothing good for my lashes. Eventually I figured it out and now mascara is the most important part of my makeup routine. My eyelashes can be difficult to work with, they're really straight and hard to curl and not only that but they're hard to keep a curl in. When choosing mascaras I have to choose ones that are waterproof or seriously heavy duty. This mascara is not called "waterproof" but when tested against water it acts exactly as a waterproof mascara does, which I understand that most people absolutely hate as they're a pain in the ass to wash off and can feel heavier than normal mascaras. I promise this is worth it if you have lashes like mine. The problem I've always had is that I would curl my lashes and then as I'm applying mascara they would just fall and lose the curl and by the time I was done applying or within a couple minutes later I would have flat lashes again, I went through this with every single mascara I tried before this one.

Behold, the Covergirl LASHBLAST 24HR Mascara.
















Not the most interesting package design in the world but that's not important. What's amazing is the formula. This stuff will stay on your eyes all day and all night, it will not smudge and it will not clump and if you go in the water it will either stay on or crumble off, no smudging. I've worn this mascara to sleep more than a couple times (I know I know, I'm a sinner, but when you're sleeping in your classmate's basement after a party sometimes you just gotta fall asleep with your makeup on) and it will stay on all night and still look perfect in the morning... even if the rest of your makeup doesn't.













The wand has little plastic bristles and I know this is another deal breaker for some people (I've heard excuses such as "they poke my eyeball and it feels weird"...) but it's a great brush for really volumizing your lashes and brushing the clumps out. I've gone through so many of these mascaras that I still have 4 in my makeup bag I haven't gotten around to throwing out yet, it's been my favorite for over 3 years.
So if you're looking to try out a new mascara or seem to have any of the same problems I do I highly highly highly recommend trying out this mascara.

(image from GOOGLE)














xx

No comments:

Post a Comment